Here’s a look at some interesting things we read/ saw / thought / did this week.
- The Olympic Games are here! It’s been a little bittersweet when athletes have to weigh in with Stop trying to ruin the Olympics for us – so here’s How to Stream the 2016 Olympics Online, No Cable Required in case you want other coverage.
- JKRo is blowing up the interwebz with the release of the latest Harry Potter’s “all grown up” book, but she’s saying it’s done now – Harry Potter’s Story Is Done With The Release Of ‘Cursed Child’.
- What do you think of New Goodreads Homepage Now Rolling Out to Everyone? I rather like it.
- Oprah Names a New Book Club Selection and it’s The Underground Railroad, Colson Whitehead. I haven’t read it by I did read Zone One – which was a fantastic “literary zombie novel.
- I read this at Modern Mrs. Darcy – You’re not meant to do what you love. You’re meant to do what you’re good at. … What do you think? I tend to agree. “If everybody did what they thought they loved, the important things wouldn’t get done. To function as a society, there are labors that are necessary. Someone has to do them. Is that person robbed of a life of passion, because they had to choose a life of skill and purpose? No, of course not.”
- 10 Signs You’ve Found Your Favorite Book … “Convincing everyone you meet to read the book but laughing in their face when they ask if they ask if they can borrow your copy.”
- I always enjoy reading Amazon’s Best of the Month because there’s bound to be at least 1 book I put on my reading list. This time it’s The Obelisk Earth (The Broken Earth #2), N.K. Jemisin and Truly Madly Guilty, Liane Moriarty.
- I also love weird reads so I’m eyeing the books on this list of Three Chilling Novels Told Through the Villain’s Eyes to my reading list.
- Get free audiobooks you say? Why – yes, thanks! Visit Try Audiobooks, a website from Penguin Random House Audio, matches your hobbies and activities to audiobooks you might like, giving every listener a free download from a rotating batch of 6.
- You’ve probably heard about Instagram Stories by now … a SnapChat killer? … Time will tell.
- Here’s my dirty little secret exposed in 10 apps for ridiculously lazy people … TaskRabbit and Handy.
What’s your upcoming week look like? I’ll be road-tripping it back to Iowa and have a few audiobooks lined up. I’ve already started The Nest, Cynthia D’Aprix Sweeney and it’s freaking awesome so far! What are you reading?