Here’s a look at some interesting things we read/ saw / thought / did this week.
- In honor of Mother’s Day, here are 9 Literary Moms Ranked from Best to Worst
- BookExpo America is next week, and I’m loving the lists of books people want to get – like Books I’ll Wait For at BEA and The Book Smugglers’ Most Coveted Books at BEA 2016. Plus you’ll need A Newbie’s Guide to Surviving BookCon
- The Best of the Month list from Amazon is out for May releases. And Barnes and Noble put out May’s Best New Thrillers which has 2 of the books that I MUST read this year, The City of Mirrors by Justin Cronin (The Passage #3) and Fireman by Joe Hill.
- Another list to read from is 10 Must-Read Books for May 2016 which has me eyeing Zero K, Don DeLillo.
- One of my favorite genre book awards has published their list of finalists – check out the list of 2016 Locus Awards Finalists. I’ve read Uprooted by Naomi Novik (loved it) and The Fifth Season, N.K. Jemisin (another favorite). Both are up for Best Fantasy Novel and coincidentally, both are also 2016 Hugo and Campbell Awards Finalists.
- SF Signal is shutting down it’s website which is a HUGE loss to the science fiction community.
- Bookstagram: 28 Post Ideas has some ferally good ways to engange with th ebookish community on Instagram.
- I’m currently reading The Handmaid’s Tale, and just found out it’s going to be adapted on Hulu. Awesome.
- 100 Must-Read Sci-Fi Fantasy Novels By Female Authors just made my reading list that much fatter!
- Can you relate to 15 Slightly Odd Things All Book Lovers Have Done … I can!
- For me it’s a little too early to be putting up a list of the Top 10 Books of the Year … So Far – and frankly, if it has The Vegetarian on it, I think you need to read some more. But as is usual – a book I didn’t like will make all the “Best of Lists” at the end of the year.
- You know I love my apps so My Must Have Apps for Books, Blogging and Social Media and 8 Productivity Apps that Lower My Stress, Keep me Organized and Help Me Run my Business showed me a few that I want to try out and skyrocket my own productivity mojo.
- Make: Summer Bucket List is pretty much perfect. Let’s see how many of these I can get to this summer.
- Drink More Water Daily: 10 Simple Tips is spot on – and add to that, take a water bottle EVERYWHERE! That’s what worked for me.
I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend, a Happy Mother’s Day – and that next week will be filled with smiles. What are you most looking forward to reading, seeing or doing next week?