Do you participate in reading challenged throughout the year?
Tanya -I used to do a ton of reading challenges each year, but last year life was hectic and overwhelming and so I did only 2 – only one of which was a yearlong challenge – the 2016 Monthly Motif Reading Challenge. I read books for 10/12 months which I consider pretty good. I also did the seasonal 2016 Big Book Summer Reading Challenge which I rocked completed 6 books – making it my most successful year (out of 3) for this challenge.
- Our own 2017 Monthly Motif which has monthly reading themes.
- 2017 Diverse Reads Book Challenge – aiming to read more than last year of the number of books I’ve read by authors of color.
- The A to Z Challenge – Location Edition – read books with cities, states, provinces, countries, and worlds that fit for each letter of the alphabet and you may use fictional locations for this challenge.
- Around the World Through Language – read (10) books originally published in languages other than your own.
- Follow the Clues Mystery Challenge – To follow a set of clues furnished by the mystery books you read to create a body of evidence to support a book court case. I’m going for the Capital Offence level – 12 books in a single chain of evidence.
Also joining in with the 2017 Book Blog Discussion Challenge @ the Discussion Dabbler level (1 – 10)
How did you do on your reading challenges or goals for 2016? Are you doing any reading challenges in 2017?