This year, I’m focusing on goal setting and establishing routines to achieve success in my personal life. A big part of this is looking back on the year that was and documenting what worked … and what didn’t (as hard as that may be). This End of Year Personal Review Checklist is as a simple, but effective guide through this process – a quick and visual way to check up on the past year – AND a useful blueprint to plan for the different areas in your life in the upcoming year.
The 2017 End of Year Personal Review Checklist
The categories to examine:
- Health & Wellness
- Personal Care
- Personal Development
- Travel & Adventure
- Family Relationships
- Social Relationships
- Home Improvement
- Professional Development
- Professional Contacts
How to Use the 2017 Personal Review Checklist
Give yourself a letter grade for each category – A, B, C or F. When thinking about what grade to assign to each of the categories – consider the following – and ask yourself … what did I do – how did I get it done – could I have done more – or less – or done it better.
- Health & Wellness – did you take care of your health in 2017 (even if you have health issues – taking care of it / doing what is necessary is what’s important); Did you exercise regularly?
- Personal Care – did you take time in your appearance – hair, clothes, skin? treated yourself / pampered yourself regularly?
- Personal Development – did you invest in your personal growth? got rid of bad habits? cultivated good habits? read non-fiction – about the World, nature, life?
- Travel & Adventure – did you have fun? took trips – local or abroad? went to new places? tried new foods?
- Family Relationships – did you spend enough quality time with your spouse and kids? did you nurture relationships with your parents and siblings?
- Social Relationships – did you nurture the relationships with your friends? make new ones?
- Finances – did you save? did you eliminate unnecessary expenses?
- Home Improvement – did you improve upon your living space? made it more comfortable? cluttered? cleaned it regularly?
- Professional Development – did you take any courses / increase knowledge in your field?
- Professional Contacts – did you connect with people at work? in your industry? increased your professional network?
- Spirituality – did you nourish your relationship with God (or any other deity you believe in)?
- Creativity – did you try any new hobbies? improved in existing ones? increased knowledge?
- Volunteer – did you give back either of your time or money to someone / organization? could you have done more?
What to Do With the Checklist When It’s Complete
The simple answer is Save it! Put it in a notebook or your planner. These are the areas in your life that you should set goals for in 2018 and do a monthly or quarterly check-in.
So what did your year look like after you used this checklist?