Here’s a look at some interesting things we read/ saw / thought / did this week.
- A new evening habit… I used to fall into bed with all my makeup on even though I knew it was bad for my skin. I started implementing this new habit several months ago and it has much a huge difference.
- Idea debt… I am notorious for this!! Time to stop thinking and start doing.
- Taking a month off social media… This is not new. People talk about doing this all the time. I think I need to because like I mentioned above, it just fuels more ideas but doesn’t actually help me get off my butt and put those ideas into motion.
- Defeat your laziness… Are we seeing a trend now? I actually do use the ‘touch it once’ rule but these other ideas are really clever!
- Being a dancer makes you disciplined… Let’s see the other side. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that growing up a competitive dancer gave me the work ethic and determination that I have today. In a work environment or school environment I like to shine in every way possible. Still doesn’t mean I’m immune to laziness every once in awhile though.
- Trish hosted A Day in the Life this week.. and I have had so much fun reading through everyone’s posts. I think it’s kind of interesting to see how we all spend a typical day outside of books and blogs.
- Are Book Clubs good for your health?… I just joined my first ever book club and went to my first ever meeting a week ago. I’m not sure why I haven’t joined a book club before because I had a blast. I think it helps that the ladies in this club were so welcoming, humorous, and thoughtful.
- 5 of the Creepiest Rabbits in Fiction… Just because it’s Easter weekend. Would you believe my husband got talked into dressing up as the Easter Bunny for a family party this past weekend? Hilarious. I managed to get some good blackmail video of him hopping around.
9. I like these 8 Morning Mantras That’ll Help Keep Your Finances on Track especially “I don’t need things to make me happy. I choose my own happiness.”
10. I think I’ve had all 72 Thoughts We’ve All Had While on Goodreads.
11. EASY DIY Oatmeal Packets makes morning breakfast at work super easy.
12. These 5 Tips to Perfecting Your Side Hustle offers some excellent advice on managing 2 gigs.
13. In case you need more books in your life, here are 21 Ways I Get My Hands on Books
We hope you had a great Easter weekend. My weekend was filled with good food and time with family. Tanya is vacationing it up in St. Maarten! Lucky her. What are you most looking forward to reading, seeing or doing next week?