Here’s a look at some interesting things we read/ saw / thought / did this week
- We’ve been tackling our #SummerAtoZ project here at GXO like champs! We’re up to “P” with (P)lannerGirl Family Events Calendar
- Ha – loved the things on 12 Genius Items for Lazy Readers … I could get with that beach reading lounger.
- 14 Pet Peeves Every Library Lover Can Relate to … someone who goes to the library and leaves empty handed – yes!
- A win for book lovers everywhere – Woman Crushing On Bookstore’s Twitter Account Marries The Man Behind It 🙂
- Do you agree that Books Are Better When You Don’t Read the Jacket? I absolutely hate going into a book blind. I have to know something.
- I saved this list of 5 of the Best Horror Books to Make You Love Being Afraid. I’ve already read 2 and am on the 3rd.
- Can you Spot a Favorite in the First Ten Pages? I can’t spot a fave – but I can decide if it’s a book I want to continue reading or not. Same goes for audiobooks.
- I normally don’t get too heavy on here, but this video is powerful – Beyoncé, Chris Rock, Alicia Keys, Rihanna and More List “23 Ways to Be Killed If You’re Black in America”
- And to follow that, here are some recommendations on How to Read When the World Is Terrible
- It’s not always worth it to upgrade to the paid version of apps – 9 Apps You Shouldn’t Pay For
- I am so in love with the greenery in the apartment in A Plant Lover’s Secret Garden in the Middle of Brooklyn
- The Routine for a Digitally Organized Life is such an awesome process to keep you track during the week.
I just finished reading End of Watch (Bill Hodges #3), Stephen King – which was amazing – and now I’m on to The Fireman, Joe Hill. It’s been a good Big Book Summer so far. What are you reading? What are you looking forward to next week? I’m heading to Iowa for work and will be back home on Friday. After that, no travel for a few weeks.
// Comments //
Barbara @ Simplify Days
Thanks for the shout out! I hope the Routine for a Life Digitally Organized is helpful. 😉 I’m loving all of the great organization ideas here!
@Barabara – I’m trying it and loving it so far. Every little bit towards a better organized life helps!
Sarah's Book Shelves
On the topic of going into a book blind/book jackets…I like knowing something about a book before I read it, but I’ve been feeling that lately publishers are giving away way too many plot details in the blurb! I wrote a whole post about this awhile back: https://www.sarahsbookshelves.com/blabbing-in-the-blurbs-do-books-marketing-blurbs-give-away-too-much/
I actually stopped reading beyond the first paragraph of book jackets because of that years ago. So glad I’m not the only one!
@Sarah – I completely agree! And thanks for sharing the link.