Here’s a look at some interesting things I read/ saw / thought / did this week.
- Didya know it’s time to Time to Vote! Announcing the Nominees of the 2016 Goodreads Choice Awards
- … but here’s The Problem with the 2016 Goodreads Choice Awards Mystery Nominees
- Is it weird that I want to read all The Best Books That Scarred Us For Life?
- And on Only Have a Minute? 7 New Collections of Short Fiction for SFF Lovers – especially New Worlds, Old Ways: Speculative Fiction from The Caribbean, Edited by Karen Lord.
- I freaking love the Cormoran Strike novels by Robert Galbraith (aka JK Rowling) and I’m super stoked to see that it’s going to be adapted to TV / on HBO no less!
- Admittedly, only 1 of these 16 Award-Nominated Books From 2016 Your Shelf Can’t Be Without is on my reading list – and that’s Underground Railroad, Colson Whitehead.
- I like the idea of Seasonal Book Club Picks – what do you think? What would you pick?
- Yasssss – 11 Things That Happen When You Finish a Great Book!
- Very cute planner bookmark idea in Fall Leaf bookmark for The Happy Planner™
- I agree with Molly – It’s Okay To Use Stock Photos. There are some exceptional “free to use” sites out there – my fave is Unsplash.
- Does Social Media Competence Equal Blog Success? I think it’s all about your own expectations. If you want to make $$ from your blog – then yes, you need to market & promote and social media is part of that. If you’re happy regardless, then do what you have time for – or are happy doing, and don’t give anything else another thought.
- I like the ideas in 5 Time Management Tips to Achieve Your Dream Life, especially spending time to make time – and craft your ideal day.
- Combine the post above with 9 of the Best Things That Will Make Sure You Have the Most Productive Day Ever and I was able to set a new routine for me that’s been working so far.
- 30 Financial Hacks You Should Know is worth saving and re-reading from time to time.
- You Don’t Need the Best Version of Everything is so true! I needed to buy a new smartphone, and I did NOT get the latest and greatest because I refuse to spend $700 on a phone that I will more than likely replace in 3 years.
What’s the most expensive electronic gadget you own?
// Comments //
Kristen @ Metaphors and Moonlight
These are some great links! I looked at the GR nominees for sci-fi and fantasy since that’s what I read, but unfortunately I haven’t read any of the books, so I won’t be voting :-/
I also enjoyed the stock photo and social media posts. And I agree, stock photos are great! And I also agree that social media will definitely help a blog if it’s used well, but it’s not necessary if you’re blogging as a hobby and don’t have the extra time. Oh, and I’m always like the last person to get new technology, if I ever get it, haha. So I agree with that too!
@Kristen I used to be a first adopter, then went off tech for a while and now I’m more into it but more purposeful.
Tanya @ Mom's Small Victories
Thanks for including my 5 Time Management Tips to Achieve Your Dream Life, I can’t always do a morning routine for health reasons but I think crafting my ideal day helps me stay motivated without feeling guilty if I can’t get something done. I am with you, I like unplash also and loved the productivit tips from Holly too. I’m always looking for ways to improve my productivity. Have a great week!