Here’s a look at some interesting things we found / saw / thought / did this week.
- Happy Valentine’s Day! As awesome as it is to recognize and be recognized by loved ones on Feb. 14th – just “one day” of the year – it’s way more spectacular to Show and Share in Love Every Day.
- We were heavily into #CrazyLoveStories this week on the blog, ending with There’s All Kinds of #CrazyLove in Books. But we weren’t the only ones – check out Anti-Valentine’s Day: Ten Disastrous Literary Relationships.
- 14 Signs Books Are Your One True Valentine … yes!
- The internet BLEW UP this week with news of A New Harry Potter Story Coming Soon. Are you excited about this too?
- When I’m ready to get lost in a series of books, I’ll start with the recommendations in these 5 Science Fiction and Fantasy Series You Can’t Put Down. Have you read any of them?
- February is Black History Month. My own small way of recognizing it is to read books by black authors (really, all year). In case you’re looking, here’s a list of 10 Must-Read Biographies of Black Americans.
- And since LOVE is in the air in February too – check out Read About Love in February! and yes to 13 Love Stories to Read This Valentine’s Day. Love stories aren’t only in romance books.
- This Library Scavenger Hunt for Exploring the Stacks is such an awesome idea.
- Audiobooks are my jam. Check out The Year’s Best Audiobooks: 2016 Audie Award Finalists
- Why Do We Spend So Long Deciding What To Read Instead Of Just Picking Something Up? I do it because I love simply looking through books and making lists.
- Some Books Just Aren’t All That Memorable – Ain’t that the truth! I’d love to read ONLY spectacular books, but that’s never going to happen.
- Here’s a list of What Should You Read in the Year of the Monkey.
- Here’s a nice list of Books Coming to the Big Screen in 2016. Which ones are you most excited about?
- My phone homescreen gets changed on a monthly basis because I love making it reflect the current season, or what’s going on in my life. Here are the 13 Best Apps to Customize Any Android Phone (2016).
- Here’s How to properly clean and sanitize your smartphone – because we all need to do it more often!
- I’d love to run in all of the 10 Destination Half Marathons You’ll Love and 11 Gorgeous (And Challenging) Forest Half Marathons. I think I can make at least one of them this year.
- Do you use any of these 5 Popular Running Apps – See How They Stack Up.
- A handy list to have is 18 Essential Updates That Will Improve Your Blog.
- And 10 Blogging Tips To Help You rock Your Blog.
- Have you ever heard of Galentine’s Day? I love this idea!
- On not setting goals. “Instead of trying to plot out specifically where I want to go, I’ve always just done the best job I can on what’s in front of me and let the universe reveal itself.”
- Pierce Brown’s Red Rising Trilogy is Revolutionary…I just finished Red Rising and this makes me even more excited to continue on. (warning: spoilers)
- My career as a librarian focuses on digital preservation and curation. This comes in many forms. I think a lot about the ideas in this article on curating your digital life. It should be only full of things that serve you well. This also pertains to the type of digital information you put out there yourself.
- Want to be a part of the signed first editions club?
- Having trouble making things stick? Try the commit app to help you form new habits.
(Visited 27 times, 1 visits today)