Here’s what’s been thrilling us this month – faves
ONE | Fave Books Read …
✤ Tanya ✤ I completed 6 books in January and 5 so far in February. My fave read in January is here, and my fave for February is The Widows of Malabar Hill (Perveen Mistry #1), Sujata Massey. This book is rich with the nuances of Indian culture and diversity of the characters. The story it tells is simple – yet delivered with such awesome attention to detail that it enthralled me from beginning to end. The Widows of Malabar Hill was one of my choices to read from Amazon’s Best Books of January .
Other books I enjoyed this month include …
- The Power, Naomi Alderman 👍👍
- Exit West, Mohsin Hamid 👎
- Kintu, Jennifer Nansubuga Makumbi 👎
- LaRose, Louise Erdrich 👍👍
And I’m currently listening to the audiobook of Oprah’s Book Club Pick – An American Marriage, Tayari Jones.
✤ Kim ✤ I read 8 books in January and only completed 1 book in February. I started a ton but couldn’t seem to finish any. The one book I did finish was Stillhouse Lake, Rachel Cain and I enjoyed it. It’s your run of the mill ‘girl marries psycho, divorces psycho, and is now on the run’ book, but it was solid. When I look back at my track record I realize that February has never been a great reading month for me. It’s usually right about now that the excitement of January has waned and the winter blah has set in. March is my birthday month though so I expect my spirits will be higher which always means I make more time for the things I love.
TWO | Fave on the Screen …
✤ Tanya ✤ I saw Black Panther in the movie theater opening weekend – loved it! Loved the action, the drama, the costuming, the authenticity, the futuristic elements married to tradition – loved everything about it 👍👍
On the tv screen, I’ve binge watched a few different tv series, and my faves were Imposters (Season 1) and Killjoys (Seasons 1-3) – I love tv space operas. There’s going to be 2 more seasons and then that’s it. What are some tv shows you’re enjoying?
THREE | This is My Fave …
✤ Tanya ✤ February was my first This is My Fave (Instagram gift exchange). The theme for the month was pink – so I sent these awesome necklace and earring set – and received these awesome earrings pictured below.
FOUR | On the Blog
As usual, we had you covered with lots of bookish happenings …
- February Book Blogger Events – did you participate in any events this month? I did the 2018 Big Game’s On ReadaThon.
- 2018 Major Book Awards Calendar – I love keeping track of the winners and seeing if I agree or disagree with the choices.
- 2018 Edition of The Master List of Book Blogging Memes. Do you participate in any memes regularly?
- We couldn’t leave out a nod to Valentine’s Day – so we put together another #CrazyLove and Lies Reading List [Vol. 2]. So good.
- And added to our reading list … books from Amazon Best Books of February 2018 and Reading the Continents [Vol. 1].
We also shared on the blog …
- 12 Things Saving Our Lives Right Now [The Mid-Winter Edition] … most popular blog post published this month!
- 2 More Super Fun Guided Journals … are you doing any journaling? Have you tried in the past?
- This Years Memory Keeping Plan.
Five | Around the Interwebz
- Dude – Children’s Book Industry Has Its #MeToo Moment and Two children’s authors dropped by agents amid claims of sexual. Jeez.
- The American Library Association also announced the winners for the Andrew Carnegie Medals for Excellence in Fiction and Nonfiction.
- Here are 20 Books That Already Have Hundreds of Reviews This Year – are any of them on your reading list?
- What do you think about The Muther-Lovin’ “Like” Button on WordPress Blog? Does it annoy you when people use it instead of commenting?
I accidentally deleted all my links – so that’s all I have for you * sad face *