We’re still working our way through the alphabet with our annual #SummerAtoZ event. What better use for ‘D’ than to share my June Dinner Menu! Dinners are getting a bit harder to plan these days. Mostly because it’s so, so, hot! I just never feel like eating much when it’s this hot. But I’m still challenging myself to cook more and eat out less. I love eating out but I’m hoping to reign in the food budget a bit this summer. I’m also trying to eat a bit healthier by incorporating as many garden veggies as possible. So here’s what we’ve got…
- Taco Salad
- Guacamole & Homemade Salsa (canned from last years tomatoes)
- Moo Goo Gai Pan
- Steamed Garlic Green Beans
- Thai Peanut Chicken Pasta
- Garden Salad
- Chicken Tikka Masala
- Garden Salad, Naan
On the weekends I switch things up. I make more of an effort for breakfast and then we have pizza, takeout, leftovers, or easy dinners that require no thought or prep on my part. I also like to make a treat for the week ahead on Sunday nights.
WEEKEND-FRI, SAT, SUN
- Toad in a Hole – or Egg in Toast, which is what we always called in as kids. Some people also call this ‘Dippy Egg in Toast’.
- Lunch Lady Peanut Butter Bars – Both my grandmother and mom worked as lunch ladies. This was back in the day when all the food was cooked from scratch on site every morning. This recipe was one of the things they made weekly for the school kids. I’ve linked to a really good copycat version. Pro tip: Buy a can of pre-made ‘whipped’ chocolate frosting if you don’t have time to make your own.
What did you cook this month?