What are some of the programs or apps you MUST download to any new tablet or computer that you get? Below are my essential
My new computer is a 13 inch Dell Inspiron 13 7000 series 2-in-1 Tablet PC. I like my desktop clean and clutter free so the task bar is hidden, but on it are my most used programs. I change the desktop wallpaper every month and this one is from Smashing Magazine.
Antivirus & Malaware
1. BitDefender Antivirus Plus 2016 ($38.97). This program was chosen as the Editor’s Choice Winner for the Best Antivirus for 2015 by PC Magazine. I don’t know much about these things – other than how useful a prgoram is to me, and so far, I’m loving that it’s an antivirus program AND it saves passwords for websites. I changed from using Avast which was a little too invasive for my liking.
2. Avast SecureLine VPN ($59.99/yr). Encrypts unsecured wireless internet connections. This is my second year using this program, and while I’m not sure if I really need this, it remains for now.
3. Malaware Bytes (Free). I check my computer about once a week for spyware.
4. CCleaner (Free).This is used about once a month to keep things tidy.
5. Dropbox (Free). Sync and forget about it is the beauty of this program. I have “My Documents” folder synced.
6. Google Drive (Free). I use this too, primarily from my phone, where I’ll add photos I want to edit on my computer.
7. Adobe Reader (Free). For viewing PDFs.
8. Mozilla Firefox (Free) . Because of the superb add-ons.
9. Adobe Photoshop Essentials 14 ($59.99). Great for creating blog graphics.
11. BitTorrent. For downloads of movies and tv series.
12. Overdrive. On my computer, I use it for reading eBooks.
13. Kindle app and Nook app (Free). With a laptop that’s convertible to a tablet, I’ve switched from using a Nook to just using these apps on my Dell. Books sync – love that feature!
What are some computer programs that’s on your “essential” list?