It’s been an exhausting week! Night shift and I did not get along well at all. I’ve done it before, but not in combination with working 12 hours, and having to be alert for meetings at 8AM – 11 hours after I got to work. Madness!
Highlight of My Week
Going to NY and spectating the NY Marathon – and watching my bro do the damn thing!
Books Finished This Week: Loved Terrifying Tales, Edgar Allen Poe. I really adore genre classics. It’s so interesting to see how writing style has changed over time too. Also finished the audiobook of The Girl in the Spider’s Web, Dav by David Lagercrantz and George Goulding (Translator). This is the continuation of The Millenium series (with Lisbeth Salander) by Stieg Larsson – who is deceased. It’s publication was controversial because it’s not written by the original author of the series, but I have to say that I really enjoyed it and wouldn’t mind seeing more of Lisbeth Salander and Mikael Blomkvist.
Currently Reading: Nothing – I need a break. I got a new laptop and am busying myself with setting it up.
Link Loving – Bookishness
- Goodreads Choice Awards 2015 – Voting has begun!
- I loved reading the 25 Bookish Facts About this Book Geek because some of them are totally true about me too.
- Yes, authors have written about Killer Plants.
- I might just hunker down next weekend with a book from the Best Books of 2015 featuring women that make us “uncomfortable”.
- Yes, I use #1 all the time – stay in bed, read and make the husband and kids take care of me … 27 Excuses To Use When You’d Rather Stay Home and Read
- Everyone knows (or should know) that November is NaNoWriMo, but did you know it’s also being dubbed NaNoReadMo?
More Link Loving
- The 365 Bucket List at Outside Magazine is full of outdoor adventures. Cross a few off the list next year.
- Also on my to-do list, 10 Great Pleasure Hikes in the US.
- Just because I used this for the first time this week – How to embed Instagram photos on a web page.
- Because 99% of the people I work with are Spanish speakers, I’ve been trying to learn (on my own so far), which is why I bookmarked Mother Tongues & Other Tongues; How I Learned Spanish.
- I’ve already made 3 of these 10 Smoothie Bowls.
- Don’t ask me why – but yes, I saved 4 Sneaky Ways to trick Your Enemies Into Becoming Allies.
- If you’re on Twitter, link up over at Social Media Support Sunday | Twitter.
- I have to say that I agree with This Whole “Post Constantly to be a Successful Blogger” Thing is Bullshit. Do your best, and if you’re enjoying it – it will be enough FOR YOU!
Crossfit – Nada 0x. Running (Sunday – Saturday) – 2x + a million miles walking while spectating the NY Marathon.
I needed a break as I was exhausted from working night shifts and putting in long hours. Adding Crossfit and running to that was making me grumpy! So although I kinda feel bad for missing my workouts – I also don’t. I’m rested and ready to go hard next week.
What was the highlight of your week?
// Comments //
Thanks for the link-up, glad you enjoyed the post! R xx
I have to agree about the ‘post every day’ thing. I’m more a ‘post when you have something to say and time to say it’ type. Admittedly, I don’t get a lot of traffic compared to others, but then, I’m not in it for money or traffic. I’m in it for myself.
@Kim I schedule buy I’m opting to post every other day which works much better for me.