Inspired by the 6 Degrees of Separation meme hosted by Annabel Smith and Emma Chapman, I decided to recreate something similar with this month’s January’s Monthly Motif Reading Challenge theme. Link 6 Books in a Chain – starting with ✮ WhoDoneDidIt ✮
- The Bat by Jo Nesbo is the last mystery book I finished, and it kept me guessing about ✮ #WhoDoneDidIt ✮ until the very end.
- The mystery book I read before that, which coincidentally also kept me guessing, was The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins.
- It was a ✮ new book ✮ at the time, and I’m glad I didn’t wait to read it. I felt the same way about Uprooted by Naomi Novik.
- Uprooted is ✮ a book based on a fairytale ✮ and it was pretty darn awesome. So was Cinder by Marissa Meyer.
- I almost didn’t pick up Cinder because the book cover sucks – although it seems like a lot of people do like it. Another one where I ✮ liked the book but hated the cover ✮ is The Book of Phoenix by Nnedi Okorafor.
- For the past few year, at least on of my favorite reads have been from a ✮ book read in the month of December ✮ . Last year, it was The Book of Phoenix. The year before, it was The Girls at the Kingfisher Club by Genevieve Valentine.
So 6 books linked together by – whodonedidit – new – based on a fairytale – liked the book but hated the cover and books read in the month of December.
This will be a new monthly post the last Thursday of every month. The first link in the chain for next month will be ✮ NEW ✮ so feel free to join in and interpret how you wish … new book purchase … new to you author … newly published … new series.
There will be a linky on the next meme on February 25, 2016.
Have you read any of these books?