It’s been a great year of reading through our Monthly Motif reading challenge prompts. We hope you enjoyed the challenge and will join in recapping the highlights with us.
So many of you said your favorite motif was August (Seasons, Elements, and Weather) which really surprised and delighted me! My favorite was and is usually always September (Creepy, Chilling, and Frightful). I love all the creepy reading I get done leading up to Halloween. This year I read Edgar Cantero, Meddling Kids and really enjoyed- though not as much as his Supernatural Enhancements.
Least Favorite Motif
So, not actually my least favorite motif but I didn’t finish anything in June (Destination Unknown) or July (Believe the Unbelievable.) Honestly, this had more to do with life events than the challenge itself.
Motif With the Most Participants
We had the most participants for the February Motif (Undercover Thriller). This doesn’t surprise me at all. Lots of readers start the year strong but then drop off somewhere along the line (myself included). The month that came in second for most participants -half as many as February- was June (Destination Unknown).
Motif With the Least Participants
The least amount of participants was actually December (Last Chance) although I suspect that a lot of you haven’t linked up, so that’s not quite fair. Coming in second for least amount of participants is September (Creepy, Chilling, & Frightful).
Best Thing That Came Out of Participating
- We discovered some great new blogs to read among the participants and made new connections with readers on Goodreads.
- The motifs helped to push us out of our comfort zones and read a wide range of books.
Goals for Next Year
- Engage with participants more to keep them going strong in the challenge all year long.
- Add the participation linky so it’s easier for everyone to link up their reviews.
- Provide more recommendations for our participants based on each motif all year long.
- Use social media to talk about the challenge and engage with participants (I didn’t do this at all in 2017).
How would you recap the challenge? What goals do you have for next year?
// Comments //
I made it! I only managed to get 6/12 books, but I’m still pretty proud of that haha. I’m excited to do this again this year!
Yay! We didn’t quite finish every month either so we’re excited to go another round this year! Glad you’ll be joining us.
I’m about to post my last review of the year for the December motif. I only missed one month!
That’s awesome Tina!
I loved this challenge! I will join also 2018 edition :-p
I completed ALL the monthly motifs :-p but I still have to review november and december :-O I’ve been busy with Christmas crafts for all december… but I read the book :-p
You did great! Thanks so much for joining us.