Summer is my favorite time of year – especially since I now have to live through the long cold winters of New York. Here are some of the things I plan on doing to take full advantage of the season.
12 Fun Things to Do in the Summer
- Go on Hikes. Relax, meditate, de-stress.
- Go to a Festival. Music, movies, grape stomping, cheese making …
- Grill / Barbecue Outside. There’s nothing like it.
- Go to the Beach or Lake. Play in the water, or lounge in the sand or deck chair.
- Make a Summer Reading List. And read books from the list. New authors. Old favorites. Anything goes.
- Go for long walks or bike rides. ‘Tis the season!
- Watch Fireworks on 4th of July. Which is of course, Independence Day in the US.
- Play more. Games with kids or friends.
- Explore. Go somewhere new.
- Go There One More Time. To a favorite place, or somewhere that needs to be visited more often.
- Go It Alone. Spend time enjoying my own / your own company.
- Go Out With Friends. Spend time enjoying being in the company of others.
What are some of your favorite things to do in the summer?