Welcome to the 2021 Monthly Motif Reading Challenge! We’re so excited to be back for another year of reading with you!
HOW IT WORKS
~ This is a monthly challenge that runs all year long from January 1, 2021 to December 31, 2021.
~ A Motif, or theme, is given for each month. Your task is to read 1 book that fits the motif for that month.
~ A check in post will be published here on the blog and on Instagram each month. You can link up on the blog posts to announce your completion of that months challenge using the hashtag #monthlymotifgxo
~ If you post what you’ve read to social media, use the hashtag #MotifReadingChallenge.
~ If you are on Goodreads consider joining our the GXO Goodreads Reading Challenge Group. You can get book suggestions, do progress check-ins and meet other challenge participants.
TRACKING YOUR PROGRESS
~ Monthly Check in Posts will be linked below as soon as they’re posted. You can check in there, on our GXO Goodreads Reading Challenge Group or with our Instagram hashtag #MotifReadingChallenge.
LINKS TO THE MONTHLY CHECK INS
- JANUARY- Once Upon A Time. Read a book from the Fantasy, Fairytale, Mythology, or Folklore Sub Genres.
- FEBRUARY- Laughter and Love. Read a relationship story, romance, comedy, or feel good contemporary.
- MARCH- Countries and Cultures. Read a book set in a country, or about a culture, that’s different than your own and that you’d like to learn more about.
- APRIL- Books on the Menu. Read a book that features food, restaurants, cafes, cooking, or baking, on the cover or in the story.
- MAY- Magnificent Middle Grade. Read a Middle Grade book – a book that is marketed toward ages 8-14.
- JUNE- The Great Outdoors. Read a book featuring a garden, nature, country, or harvest setting or plot.
- JULY- Short But Fabulous. Read a novella, comic, graphic novel, manga, or short book of poetry.
- AUGUST- Bag of Tricks. Read a book featuring any kind of magic, illusion, super powers, or enchantments.
- SEPTEMBER- Back to School. Read a book with a school setting, featuring a student or educator OR read a book to educate yourself on a topic you’re interested in learning more about.
- OCTOBER- Lurking in the Shadows. Read a book that has a gray, black, and/or white cover OR a book that shows a shadow on the cover.
- NOVEMBER- In the Library with the Candlestick. Read a mystery- cozy, detective, spies, true crime, whodunnit, or the like.
- DECEMBER- That’s History. Read a historical fiction book or a book about a true historical event.
SIGN UP TO PARTICIPATE
~ Sign up to participate by using the linky below!
~ Announce your participation via your blog, Goodreads, or other social media platform using the hashtag #MotifReadingChallenge and link back to Girlxoxo.com or tag us on Instagram (@chapter_adventure). You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!