Every year, we look at our TBR list and decide what’s going and what’s staying. We just did “the big chop” and here’s what was left standing for books we still want to read in 2019.
✩ KIM ✩
We just published our Winter Reading List not too long ago and I still haven’t listened to the two audiobooks I put on that list. I’ll be getting to those pretty quick here.
- Circe, Madeline Miller, was purchased from Audible nearly a year ago. I’ve heard amazing things about it.
- I’ll Be Gone in the Dark, Michelle McNamara, is another that everyone is raving about and I had on my TBR even before the killer was caught.
I’ve only read one of the books on our Fall (R)eading List. There are a couple that I dropped altogether but I still want to read Life L1k3, Jay Kristoff and Red Queen, Victoria Aveyard (although it’s no longer so high on my priority list.)
✤ TANYA ✤
I haven’t read any of the books from my Winter Reading List yet, and they are all going on this year’s TBR (to be read) pile …
- The Suspect (Kate Waters #3), Fiona Barton, which doesn’t come out until Jan. 10, 2019;
- Children of Virtue and Vengeance (Legacy of Orïsha #2), Tomi Adeyemi, which doesn’t come out until Mar.5, 2019;
- and How Long ‘Til Black Future Month, N.K. Jemisin.
I also still want to read my pick from Amazon’s Best Books of October 2018 – Vengeful (Vicious #2), V.E. Schawb. I read the first book in the series at the end of last year, and really liked it so Vengeful is already sitting on my night-stand.
Also staying on my list is the only book I didn’t read from my Fall (R)eading List, Lethal White (Cormoran Strike #4), Robert Galbraith. This is one of my favorite detective series, but at 654 pages, I will probably opt to listen to the audiobook on a long road trip, which is how I experienced the other books in the series as well.
That’s it – we’re each starting the year off with a short stack of books that we want to get to. Anything not on this list … well – parting is such sweet sorrow! But hopefully, we’ll meet again … one day in the future.
How many books are on your TBR? Do you ever re-start your reading list, or do you just keep adding books?