Do you participate in reading challenged throughout the year?
Tanya -I used to do a ton of reading challenges each year, but last year life was hectic and overwhelming and so I did only 2 – only one of which was a yearlong challenge – the 2016 Monthly Motif Reading Challenge. I read books for 10/12 months which I consider pretty good. I also did the seasonal 2016 Big Book Summer Reading Challenge which I rocked completed 6 books – making it my most successful year (out of 3) for this challenge.
In 2017, I’m feeling the reading challenges itch again – and am doing 5 (yearlong).
- Our own 2017 Monthly Motif which has monthly reading themes.
- 2017 Diverse Reads Book Challenge – aiming to read more than last year of the number of books I’ve read by authors of color.
- The A to Z Challenge – Location Edition – read books with cities, states, provinces, countries, and worlds that fit for each letter of the alphabet and you may use fictional locations for this challenge.
- Around the World Through Language – read (10) books originally published in languages other than your own.
- Follow the Clues Mystery Challenge – To follow a set of clues furnished by the mystery books you read to create a body of evidence to support a book court case. I’m going for the Capital Offence level – 12 books in a single chain of evidence.
I’ll be participating in the Winter 2017 Comment Challenge hosted by FLYLēF and A Kernel of Nonsense by sprinkling fairy dust all over my partner’s blog!
Also joining in with the 2017 Book Blog Discussion Challenge @ the Discussion Dabbler level (1 – 10)
How did you do on your reading challenges or goals for 2016? Are you doing any reading challenges in 2017?
// Comments //
Hi Tanya! Welcome to the 2017 Winter Comment Challenge. I don’t want to spoil it if you haven’t checked to see who your partner is (that part is really fun), but she’s very active and I think you guys will enjoy many fun book discussions. Thanks for participating!
@Lonna I checked and yay so glad she’s my partner. I’m looking forward to participating.
Good luck with all your challenges! I need to check out the Diverse Reads one.
I’m still undecided about which ones I will join next year! Great list though…
I am signed up for your 2017 Monthly Motif and the British Book Challenges. The A to Z sounds very interesting but I’m waiting till 2018 ( if it’s still, around) to try that one. Lots to accomplish coming up!
// Trackbacks & Pingbacks //
[…] Read: 6. The one I liked the most was Iron Cast, Destiny Soria. I started off strong on all the 2017 reading challenges I’m participating in and for our own Monthly Motif January Challenge – Diversify Your Reading – I read 3 […]