Bringing back the weekly roundup of links because I miss sharing with y’all.
- For me this past week has been all about The World Athletics Championship in Eugene, Oregon. So thrilling and I only wish I was there!
- This week is Shark Week. Are you into it?
- I have some long flights and layovers this week, so my plan is to finish the audiobook of Sundial, Catriona Ward, and then watch Stranger Things Season 4 and Ozark Season 4 (both of which I’ve been meaning to watch forever).
- I’m also looking forward to House of the Dragon, the prequel to Game of Thrones, which is coming on August 21. Have you read the books or watched the tv series?
- And to add more to your “to watch” list, check out Rotten Tomatoes Best TV and Streaming Series of 2022 (So Far).
- Am I the only person not really into podcasts? I feel like I can’t add another type of media to my life right now … but that doesn’t stop me from thinking one day I might get into it, so I bookmarked The Podcasts Our (Camille Styles) Editors Listen To for an Instant Mood Boost.
- The nominees for the 2022 World Fantasy Awards have been announced. I’ve read 2 of the 5 nominees for Best Novel (The Last House on Needless Street, Catriona Ward, and A Master of Djinn, P. Djèlí Clark) and will definitely read the others.
- There have been many “Best Books of 2022 So Far” lists including our own (M)id-Year Book FreakOut Extravaganza.
- New book recommendations alert – 3 (N)ew Books We Recommend Reading this Year.
- And because I like horror books … Summer Scares: 18 Horror Books That Will Chill You to the Bone this Season.
- And fantasy – The 72 Most Popular Fantasy Novels of the Past Three Years.
- How are you doing on your reading challenges this year? And with all the books you’ve added to your reading list? Here’s Our Reading (I)nbox Mid-Year Reading List Update
- … and I’ve read 12 books from My #20BooksofSummer (2022) Reading List (with a few deviations of course).
- It’s great to see get a peak into how other households work – How Family Meetings Are Saving Us Right Now.
- Also interesting to see other people’s routines – 10 Tips for a Better AM from a Special Operations Captain and a Naval Flight Officer.
- I’m not sure if these are really the 46 Best Places to Visit in the US but it’s a great start with a bucket list of trips. What type of vacationer are you? Museums, theater, beach, active/adventure?
- Some things I’ve been researching recently – What do you pack for century rides? and Ride Day Checklist and 10 Tips for Making Your Century Ride More Successful (not planning to do the full century … but maybe before the year is out).
- Also wanting to buy some cool shades for riding and running (well – once I start running outside in the Fall) – Runners World Recommendations and thinking about running half marathons next year (I dream far into the future).
What have you been dreaming about recently?