Here’s a look at some interesting things we found / saw / thought / did this week.
- Week 2 of the #Weidathon reading challenge has been … interesting. I finished Lagoon, Nnedi Okorafor which was outstanding. But with the 2nd book in Jeff VanderMeer’s Southern Reach trilogy, Authority, I was bored and confused. Still, I’ve only got 1 more book to go, so I’m going to attempt the final book, Acceptance. I also started Easy Travel to Other Planet, Ted Mooney … the dolphin / woman sex scene was BA-NANAZ!!!
- If you’re interested in doing some #weirdathon reading of your own, check out 15 Weird Dream-like Reads or How to win @ the #Weirdathon (Pt. 1).
- The Tournament of Books is underway … I wish there was something similar for speculative fiction books!
- The longlist for the 2016 Bailey’s Women’s Prize for Fiction has been announced. Have you read any of the nominated books?
- Raise your hand if you’re a book pusher?! I am, so I totally get the Three Types of Recommended Reads
- Do you subscribe to the channels of any of these 22 of Your Favorite Bookish YouTubers?
- Good advice in 5 Important Pieces of Blog Advice Every Blogger Should Know and What To Do When You’ve Fallen Out Of Love With Blogging
- I updated the March #BookBlogger Events with Get Up Offa That Slump, which runs from Mar. 9-30. It’s 3 weeks of writing prompts to help you out of a blogging rut, slump, or just help get those creative juices flowing.
- Also coming up is A Day in the Life – Blogger Event.
- Don’t put off learning HTML + CSS. You should know a little ‘summin.
- There are some awesome tips in 29 Quick Money Tricks if you’re trying to save more, or just manage your finances better.
- The 10 Apps Sucking the Life Out of Your Android Phone’s Battery Right Now reminded me to close my apps all the way out on a more regular basis.
- 14 Tips for Making Your Posts Stand Out. There are some really great ideas here. “Write short posts or lists.” Yep- if I can’t quickly skim a post, I’ll most likely skip it. Almost no one has time to read long posts from every blog they follow.
- You’re never too old to dance! I particularly love this routine by the same group.
- 24 Books and Series with Great Endings. Do you think it’s boring to have everything wrapped up in a nice little bow at the end of a book or series?
- “When you are afraid of the unknown, focus on the good that could be, not on the bad that might be.”
- We took our first hike of the year and it was all kinds of awesome!! Can’t wait to get out again. I have a goal to hit everything on this list of best hikes in Utah. I’ve only done Delicate Arch. We have talked about heading to Zion this year so I may be able to cross a few more off the list.
- I have this new obsession with making Buddha Bowls at home. Look how yummy these look.
- I just joined my first book club. I’m a bit nervous about it. I’ll go to my first meeting next week. They rotate leaders each month so the leader chooses the book. I personally would love to do this Darker Shade of Magic Book Club idea but I’m pretty sure we’re not that fancy.
- When I was working my inbox was a well oiled machine, perfectly organized and always cleared out by the end of each day. Now I cringe when I log on every couple of days. It’s just too hard for me to keep up with now. Maybe these tips would help me and you too.
- Brainstorming blog post ideas is pretty fun for us. We use Tanya’s brilliant creation- the Evernote Editorial calendar and it works great for us. We come up with ideas on our own but also bounce ideas off each other.
(Visited 114 times, 1 visits today)