Kim – I’ve only been using my bullet journal for about six months but I knew I wanted to make some major changes with the start of the new year. Here’s how I set things up…
New to the Bujo
- 2017 Books Read – In the past I haven’t tracked anything book related but I knew I wanted to start the year off with a big list of everything I read in 2017. I’m participating in several reading challenges this year but I’m tracking those on an Excel Spreadsheet because it’s easier and faster. We’ll see how that goes.
- Monthly Meal Tracker – Rather than write out my meal plan in my weekly spread, I decided to do a full month of meal planning. I won’t actually be planning a month in advance but I wanted to see all our meals for the month in one place.
- Monthly Move Tracker – My big goal for 2017 is to get moving again. Fitness used to be such a big part of my life but 2016 was a rough one. I plan to log my workouts on a monthly calendar so I can see my progress all in one place.
- Monthly Chores and Habit Tracker – I did these together but think I will separate them next month. Putting chores in the weekly spread was redundant and annoying. I just wanted to be able to check them off any time I did them. I may change up the habit tracker but for now, this is what I wanted to see happen each day.
- New Weekly Layout – Gone are the days of writing out a separate space for each day of the week. My week as a stay at home mom with a 2 year old is extremely flexible. Not much has to happen on any one designated day. As long as it gets done during the week, I’m good. So now, I have a big open space that I can just write weekly to do’s in and cross them off when completed. **I have few weekly appointments so when I do have one I just write it in one of the margins.
Since I’m hoping to use my bullet journal as a way to track memories (including every day things like what we eat), I’ve simplified my weekly spreads and latched on to lots of monthly trackers.
How strict is your weekly schedule? Can you move tasks from day to day?
// Comments //
Oh I really love how you’ve done the daily/weekly glance. May borrow the layout, or at least add a mood tracker!
I love having a mood tracker!
I love how you’ve customized it for your lifestyle. And using all the trackers! Great spread.
Thanks! We’ll see if these monthly trackers work well long term.