Now that you’ve done an end of year review / reflection, it’s time to set some new goals for the new year. What areas of your life could use some extra attention? Below is a free printable list that I used to set goals for 2018.
Brainstorming Your 2018 Goals
Download: Your 2018 Goals Printable. The categories – with examples of what to think of when setting your goals:
- Health & Wellness – exercise regularly, drink enough water daily, take your multivitamins, eat at least the daily requirements of fruits and vegetables, go to regular doctor and dentist appointments
- Self Care – dress up, get regular (e.g. quarterly) pampering – e.g. massage, facial, manicure, pedicure, pay attention to grooming – hair, face etc.
- Personal Development – how are you going to grow as a person – be more knowledgeable about other people, cultures, the World and your environment? e.g. read memoirs, non-fiction.
- Fun & Adventure – plan local adventures, trips with friends, travel
- Family Relationships – family game nights, spend more time with spouse, talk to or visit parents / siblings often.
- Social Relationships – take time for your friendships, put yourself out there to meet new people.
- Finances – how much will you save? how often? are you tracking your finances? Is there anything you can do to spend less?
- Home Improvement – do you want to improve upon your living space? de-clutter? clean more regularly? any projects you want to tackle?
- Professional Development – what courses can you take to increase knowledge in your field?
- Professional Network – how can you make more contacts in your profession? Connect more with people at your job>
- Spirituality – how can you better nourish your relationship with God (or any other deity you believe in)?
- Creativity – are there any new hobbies you want to try? how can you improve on your existing creative endeavors?
- Volunteer – seek out volunteer opportunities – give of yourself, your time or $$.
To get even more ideas for goal setting this year – check out this video of 50 New Year’s Resolution Ideas for 2018 – Lavendaire (YouTube)
I’m using Lavendaire’s 2018 Artist of Life Workbook to plan my year and stay accountable.
Don’t forget to Download: Your 2018 Goals Printable. What are some of the goals you’ll be working on in 2018?