Here’s a look at some interesting things we read/ saw / thought / did this week.
- This Man Book Club is awesome!
- I really appreciated the thoughts on Ashley’s post, It’s Ok When Life Gets In The Way. “Make the wise choices to do what is best in the moment”
- 10 Dos and Don’ts for a Happy Book Club. So far I’m really liking mine. I like that a different person is the host each month and that person picks the book and leads the discussion.
- 3 Things to Do When You’re Feeling Overwhelmed. Good tips here. Personally, I mentally prioritize based on what has to get done and what I’d like to get done. Then I do the task that I can complete the quickest first.
- Goodreads Giveaways now includes Kindle ebooks.
- I’m a huge fan of sci-fi but from this list I’ve only read Ready Player One and Ender’s Game.
- I’ve always been super intrigued by people who try to live a Zero Waste Lifestyle. We recycle, compost, upcycle, and try to keep the things we throw into the trash to a minimum but not sure I could be this hardcore.
- On my summer menu are these Strawberry Mojitos and this Derby Day Mint Julep.
- Uprooted by Naomi Novik won Best Novel in the The 2015 Nebula Award Winners. It was on my list of 5 Books That Blew My Mind Last Year
- The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins took home the award for Audiobook of the Year from The Audies – check out all the other award winners – audiobooks rock!
- Don’t forget to grab your FREE audiobooks from SYNC. This event runs from May 5 – Aug. 17. This week’s freebies are 100 Sideways Miles by Andrew Smith and This Boy’s Life (A Memoir) by Tobias Wolff.
- The Bram Stoker Award Winners were also announced at StokerCon in Vegas.
- 14,000 Miles, 21 National Parks, 1 Airstream, and 10 Stunning Photos just took my breath away.
- I didn’t know Silent Reading Parties were a thing – I could get down with that!
- Dude – the weather is awesome in my neck of the woods, and if it’s one thing I want to do before summer is over – it’s Get Face to Face with Bison
- Added to my reading list are books on these lists of Five Psychological Thrillers to Keep You Up at Night and 32+ of Your Favorite Psychological Thrillers
- Blogging Advice – How to Organize Your Social Media Posts & Platforms + 3 Apps to Manage & Develop Your Online Presence + 7 of the Best Little Known Ways to Grow Your Twitter Community
- 25 of the Best Blog Post Ideas for Beginner Bloggers is on point no matter where on the blogging journey you are.
- If you read nothing else about blogging read this – “I I grew my blog from nothing to over 400k pageviews/month and a full time income by posting once per week.” How Often Should You Post On Your Blog? Do what works for you!
Did you see any articles that resonated with you?
(Photo Credit: 1)
(Visited 111 times, 1 visits today)