Welcome back to my planner series where I share how I’m getting myself together and organized for the upcoming month. The last one I did was the March #PlanWithMe and I’ve changed a few things since then.
Looking Back at Q2
Highlight – Selling our house and moving to Florida! It was a huge leap of faith since it was the location we had only been to once – in February. It’s been fantastic so far. Could have done better – blogging. I completely fell off the wagon in Spring.
This month will be a huge challenge – traveling for work 3 out of 4 weeks. My main goals are to cross at least 6 things off my Summer Fun (G)uide for Adults, read 5 books from My #20BooksofSummer (2022) Reading List and schedule intentional time with friends and extended family. Always keeping in mind my word for the year is Preparation – so taking time to plan things.
Appointments, Holidays & Events
July 4 – US Independence Day and brother’s birthday
We already made and went to doctors and dentist in our new state. Still TBD – a dermatologist and eye doc.
Going Places: For work – Idaho, Maryland and California. I’m excited for these trips because in addition to loving what I do and appreciating the opportunities to see new places, I’ve also already mapped out a few routes in those cities to walk or run while I’m there. TBD – confirm 2 of the trips for August travel, and make all the travel arrangements.
Blogging & Reading
This is the time to check over our content calendar.
- ☑ Brainstorm topics for the rest of SummerAtoZ
- ☑ Update the 2022 Book Awards Calendar
- ☑ Check in on our Goodreads Reading Challenge group and link up my choices for the month
- ☑ Choose and get from the library or purchase the planned books to read for July.
- ☑ Update my 2022 Reading Journal Tracker Spreads
I just started with a multi-sport coach for running, cycling (weights & nutrition), so this month – follow the plan even with travel. A few additional goals to push myself outside of my comfort zone this month.
- Go on at least 1 group bike ride. TBD – buy new road bike shoes
- Get in at least 40 miles outdoor recreation rides – do it in the evenings. TBD – Make a tracker for this
Summer Fun (G)uide
Things to do off the list next month … and I should add this is family time too.
- ☑ 8. Drive a convertible with the top down
- ☑ 29. Take surf, kayak, SUP or any water sport lessons –
- ☑ Watch the sunset (not at home)
- 5. Group tour
- 7. Visit a state park
- 11. Experience a city through its food tours
- 23. Learn how to play pickle ball or tennis or any other racquet sport.
- 25. Go to a yoga class that’s outside.
Plan Next Week’s Menu With Me
To be more intentional about eating better, here’s 5 recipes on my meal plan for the next week.
- Instant Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken + Sauteed Garlic Green Beans (and maybe Jasmine Rice)
- Instant Pot Chicken Soup + Salad+ Baked Sweet Potato
- Lemon Pepper Salmon + Roasted potatoes and green beans
- Grilled Turkey Burger + Corn on the Cobb + Salad
- Tacos with left-overs from any of the above proteins.
I never remember to keep track of what I’ve watched, so I’m going to take a different approach and start tracking what I want to watch. Here’s what’s on my list so far …
- Finish Ozark Season 4 (Netflix)
- Finish Stranger Things Season 4
- Station eleven (HBO Max)
- Succession (HBO Max)
- Midnight Mass (Netflix)
- The Haunting of Hill House (Netflix)
- The Underground Railroad (Prime Video)
- The White Lotus (HBO Max)
- Landscapers (HBO Max)
And that’s it for planning for July. Do you sit down and plan your month ahead? How long does it take? I usually do all this during the last week of the current month.